Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0068b6d/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
batch processing - possible?
forum@fdrtools.com
June 20, 2019, 09:31:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: batch processing - possible?  (Read 15500 times)
1drey
New

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »

Hi Andreas,

Finally I've managed to produce with the help of FDRTools better output than with Photomatix. The only limitation not allwoing me to switch to FDRTools is the lack (of obvious) ways to batch process and save presets.

Did I just miss some features?

Cheers,
Andrey
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:28 AM »

Quote from: "1drey"
Hi Andreas,

Finally I've managed to produce with the help of FDRTools better output than with Photomatix. The only limitation not allwoing me to switch to FDRTools is the lack (of obvious) ways to batch process and save presets.

Did I just miss some features?

Andrey,

no you are not missing a feature. Batch processing is in the works. I'm currently working hard on version 2.0. It will have everything you request: a sophisticated batch processor, a project manager allowing for parameter saving and much much more.

Stay tuned!
1drey
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:04:27 AM »

Great!

Add to FDRTools good workflow and it will be winner. Smiley
nifrek
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »

This is also the feature I am the most looking forward to.

Although it's certainly not the intended use, I've been experimenting with video with the Compressor. Even if it's a single exposure, it gives such an incredible look, very surreal. Playing with levels and tanslencency effects just won't do the trick. I've been trying to achieve this look for a long time without much success. I'm very excited. At 24 frames/sec, batch processing is the only thing missing to actually make it happen.

I know this is the kind of question developers don't like hearing, but when can we expect a version, even beta, with this feature?
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

Quote from: "nifrek"
I know this is the kind of question developers don't like hearing, but when can we expect a version, even beta, with this feature?

You are right ;-). Well, version 2.0 is under heavy development and will bring a lot of new stuff. However, as it will take some time to implement everything (I think finishing v2.0 will keep me busy during this summer), I'm going to release a first beta version with what I have so far within the next two weeks. Unfortunately this will not have batch processing. My plan is to have "Projects " in the second beta and batch processing in beta3. But honestly I can't give you a date.
Jijel
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »

My plan is to have "Projects " in the second beta and batch processing in beta3. But honestly I can't give you a date.

Never needed batch processing before but now I'm right at that point.  Smiley

As batch was supposed to appear in the beta after the one that incorporated projects, can we expect batch processing in the next beta? And do you have any idea yet, when it might be published (sorry, I know you just released the last one, but I'm anxious to get this beautiful HDR sperical panorama from Lissabon ready...)

Kind regards,

Christian
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »

Quote from: "Jijel"
My plan is to have "Projects " in the second beta and batch processing in beta3. But honestly I can't give you a date.

Never needed batch processing before but now I'm right at that point.  Smiley

As batch was supposed to appear in the beta after the one that incorporated projects, can we expect batch processing in the next beta? And do you have any idea yet, when it might be published (sorry, I know you just released the last one, but I'm anxious to get this beautiful HDR sperical panorama from Lissabon ready...)

I'm brooding about it right now. I don't want to spend more than two weeks on it because 2.0 must be finished within October. The batch processing will hence not be perfect right away, but it will be a first step.
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:40:43 PM »

Ok.

Batch processing is there now. It's not perfect and not everything is implemented yet but I think it's a good start.

Let me know what you think.
Jijel
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »

Continuing in german (it's just so much faster):

Ich habs nur kurz angeschaut und verstehe das Konzept noch nicht so ganz. Eine kleine Anleitung, wie das ganze vor sich gehen soll, fände ich ungemein praktisch.

Was jedenfalls irrsinnig praktisch wäre, wäre wenn man statt einem Sekundenunterschied einfach die Anzahl der Bilder pro HDR-Bild eingeben könnte. Ich mache für ein Panoramabild immer drei aufnahmen für ein HDR-Bild, und das ca. 50 mal. Da kann ich zwar meistens mit den Sekunden brauchbare ergebnisse kriegen, aber halt nicht immer.

Außerdem wäre es schön, wenn ich mit Ctrl-A alle projekte markieren könnte.

Das ist mir so als erstes aufgefallen. Wenn ich mich mehr damit beschäftigt habe werd ich sicher auch einen qualifizierteren Kommentar abgeben können.

Regards,

Christian
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

Continuing in german (it's just so much faster):
Kein Problem. Ich glaub ich werd doch noch irgendwie Foren in deutscher Sprache aufmachen...

Ich habs nur kurz angeschaut und verstehe das Konzept noch nicht so ganz. Eine kleine Anleitung, wie das ganze vor sich gehen soll, fände ich ungemein praktisch.
Hast Du http://fdrtools.com/smf/index.php?topic=203.0 gelesen? Ich kann gerne noch mehr schreiben.

Was jedenfalls irrsinnig praktisch wäre, wäre wenn man statt einem Sekundenunterschied einfach die Anzahl der Bilder pro HDR-Bild eingeben könnte. Ich mache für ein Panoramabild immer drei aufnahmen für ein HDR-Bild, und das ca. 50 mal. Da kann ich zwar meistens mit den Sekunden brauchbare ergebnisse kriegen, aber halt nicht immer.
Ah, guter Vorschlag! Ist schon notiert.

Außerdem wäre es schön, wenn ich mit Ctrl-A alle projekte markieren könnte.
Ok. Ich weiss: es ist noch nicht alles top. Bspw. fehlt noch eine Möglichkeit die Projekte nach Namen oder Erstellungsdatum zu sortieren, Projekte zu einer Zeile zusammenzufalten um mehr Projekte sichtbar zu machen. Die Thumbnails werden momentan nur für JPEGs und RAWs erstellt, bei TIFFs erscheinen "?" usw.

Aber es geht zumindest schon mal was. Ich hoffe man kann damit arbeiten...
1drey
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 03:09:09 PM »

Hi Andreas,

I just installed version 2.0.2 and... failed to discover batch processing functionality Smiley

What I mean talking about batch processing is applying identical setting for the series of images - like the series of bracketed shots created during the process of sperical pano shooting.

I just can't find how settings for one group of bracketed images can be applyed (copyed) to the other group...

Andrey
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »

Hi Andreas,

I just installed version 2.0.2 and... failed to discover batch processing functionality Smiley

What I mean talking about batch processing is applying identical setting for the series of images - like the series of bracketed shots created during the process of sperical pano shooting.

I just can't find how settings for one group of bracketed images can be applyed (copyed) to the other group...

Please read http://fdrtools.com/smf/index.php?topic=216.0. I'm currently working on a more elegant solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: