forum@fdrtools.com
April 25, 2014, 03:45:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self-contained projects, relinking images  (Read 4474 times)
rustyjaw
New

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:26:02 AM »

I have 2 feature requests, I think they are related. It may be that these functions are already available, but if so I haven't been able to find them.

The first is a way to save the project file as a self-contained document, including source images.

The second is a way to reconnect (or "relink") source images to a project. For example, after moving some images I had used previously in FDR, I get a warning that the image can't be found, but no way to reconnect it and edit it further.

Thanks!
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »

The first is a way to save the project file as a self-contained document, including source images.

The organization of projects is done on a folder basis. You can have as many project folders as you like and switch among them via the "Project Manager Settings". I admit this is somewhat tedious (will make it easier) but it works. However, you will still have two files (.fdrprojects and .fdrimages) per folder.

But I assume you want one project file per set of images. This is not possible so far. It would mean to somewhat reorganize the way the project browser works. Have to think about it...

The second is a way to reconnect (or "relink") source images to a project. For example, after moving some images I had used previously in FDR, I get a warning that the image can't be found, but no way to reconnect it and edit it further.

Yes, this is on my list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: