Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0068b6d/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
fdrgui.exe crashes when using "Copy Template Setting to selected"
forum@fdrtools.com
June 20, 2019, 09:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fdrgui.exe crashes when using "Copy Template Setting to selected"  (Read 42566 times)
phillos
New

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Hello,

First I would like to congratulate you for your software. The best HDR tool that have tried so far. Wink
All worked fine in interactive mode. But recently I would like to use the batch mode because I have a lot of images tone map.
When I try to use the "Copy Template Setting to selected" feature, fdrgui.exe crashes. Sad
Does I make something wrong ? Huh

Thanks for your support and merry Christmas.

Error signature
AppName: fdrgui.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.21022.8    Offset: 0006c955
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 07:21:30 AM »

Without further information I can't reproduce this problem. It would be best to have the underlying project files here in order to analyse all the data. Please send me via email the files ".fdrprojects", ".fdrtemplates" and ".fdrimages". You can find them in your current projects and templates directories, see "Project Manager Settings". Maybe you can't see the files as they start with a "." and such files are invisible by default within the Explorer. If that's the case you first need to adjust your Explorer settings to make "hidden files and folders" visible.
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:41:03 AM »

Hi phillos,

thank you for sending the files. Unfortunately I still can not reproduce your crash. This is what I have done so far:
1. Copied your files to a new directory "fdrtest".
2. Started FDRTools and set Projects and Template directories to "fdrtest". I got two "Error opening image file." messages which is normal because your images are not there on my system.
3. I found one normal project and one template project. The image icons showed "?". Now I selected the project and did a "Copy Template settings to selected". I then exited FDRTools to analyse the "." files. Everything looked normal.
4. I then started FDRTools again, removed the "?" image from the "USA1" project and added one of my test RAW files. I then opened the project to see if this works. Everything looked normal.

I have done the test with FDRTools Advanced 2.2 on Windows Vista.

Does the above procedure generate a crash on your system? If not please try to give me more detailed information so I eventually get an idea on what goes on.
phillos
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »

Hi Andreas,

Thanks to take care of my problem...
If I do the same procedure on my pc I get fdrgui.exe crashes, but I am working on Windows XP, not vista.

Could you test it on XP ?

Thanks.
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »

Hmmmh, I tested it on XP but still no crash here. One thing you could try is to reset the Preferences and then test the above procedure again. To reset the Preferences do the following:
1. Copy your Preferences file to a save place (in case I need to analyse it). The Preferences file is named "fdrgui 2.2.prefs" and you can find it in the "Application data" folder. The path is "c:\users\your user name\application data\fdrtools.com\fdrgui 2.2.prefs".
2. Start FDRTools.
3. From the menu open the "Preferences" dialog and press the "Defaults" and "Save" buttons.
4. Exit FDRTools and start it again.
Now repeat the test procedure.
phillos
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »

I still get a crash. I also tested by removing the "fdrgui 2.2.prefs" file. I tried with others pictures and it's still he same.
I also tried the following on another XP computer:
1) download FDR Tools 2.2
2) Install it (with no errors)
3) Open it (in evaluation mode)
4) Templates tab -> One -> Open any raw (CR2) file
5) Projects tab -> One -> Open any others raw (CR2) file
6) Select the newly created project then "Copy Template Setting to selected", select "untitled" and immediatly I get a fdrgui.exe crash message.

Do I missed something  ?

AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

No, you did not miss anything. And I still can't reproduce your crash. Something in your system(s) is different. The question is: what is it? You said that loading your RAW files works ok? What model is your camera? And you get a crash with JPEGs also? What language is your system - english?

I will scan the code tomorrow to see if something looks suspicious.
phillos
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 07:14:18 PM »

Yes, I said that open a raw file in a project or a template works ok. I have two canon camera, one 5D and one 450D. I also tested with JPEG and it also produce a crash. My system is setup in french language.
Is there another way (other than template) to use Compressor tone mapping for all projects without editing each projects one by one ?
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:58:13 PM »

Is there another way (other than template) to use Compressor tone mapping for all projects without editing each projects one by one ?

Yes, in principle it is easy. You can edit the .project file with a text editor and do the necessary steps manually. This is what you should do:
1. Remove all projects and templates.
2. Create one project with the settings you like. Remove all images so you have an empty project. This will be your "template".
3. Exit FDRTools.
4. Edit the ".fdrprojects" file. You will see your empty project. Now you can replicate it as often as you like. Save and exit the editor.
5. Open FDRTools. You should see your replicated empty projects. Now you can give them names and load the images to the projects.
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »

I will scan the code tomorrow to see if something looks suspicious.

I had a look at the code. There are some constructs that could eventually be the cause for a crash. The problem is that on my systems everything works fine.

Hence I would like to propose the following: I can make a debug version of the software available to you. This version writes diagnostic messages to a log file. Analysing the log file will probably tell me what happens on your system. Would this be ok for you?
phillos
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 08:08:13 PM »

Yes, it's ok for me to use the debug version...Thx
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »

Good news. It looks like I have tracked down the bug - by accident. While I was preparing the Debug version for you I called the "Copy template..." function via the main menu and it crashed. Usually I call the function via the Project Manager context menu (right click the mouse to open it up) and that works. Could you please check and try the Project Manager context menu?

P.S. Perfidiously the main menu also works - or at least seems to work - if you use it after you have at least once used the Project Manager context menu. I know I have tried the main menu before but it looks as if I always used the context menu before Angry God knows why but this time I used the main menu immediately and thus stumbled about the crash.
phillos
New

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »

Yes...You are right. It works from the context menu  Wink
Next time I will try to give more details about how to produce the problem...
Well done Andreas, good luck to fix the code and thanks for your support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: