Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0068b6d/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Program crashes when Separation Mask applied and Save to TIff attempteed
forum@fdrtools.com
June 20, 2019, 09:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Program crashes when Separation Mask applied and Save to TIff attempteed  (Read 11804 times)
pbates
New

View Profile Email
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:42:34 PM »

I first tried saving a project with no edits or adjustments made to the rendered image. No problem. The TIFF file saved.
Then I tried applying a Separation mask to one of the images. The program crashed without saving the TIFF.
Here are the URLs of the captured screens:
Prior to Crash:
batescommunications.net/fdrgui2.jpg
After crash:
batescommunications.net/fdrgui1.pg
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »

Hi,

is this behaviour reproducable? If so, please list the exact steps you have taken. From what you say I can not conclude what exactly you have done. I've tried the following:

1. Read three RAW images via "Images -> Open".
2. "Projects -> Save active"
3. Switch to Separation mode.
4. Activate the Separation Mask.
5. Select the bottom image.
6. Move the Separation slider.

This works fine.
pbates
New

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »

I did not do Step 2. Instead, I clicked Edit, then switched to Separation Mode. I will try your method and report back.
pbates
New

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »

I followed your exact steps and got the same crash results.

Incidentally, your Step 2 ("Projects -> Save active"), should it bring up a dialog, whereby you can specify a name? Nothing happens on this end, on two machines.

I tried the same procedure with a second set of Canon raw files. Same result. Could I have a defective copy of FDRTools?
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »

I followed your exact steps and got the same crash results.

That's strange. Could you tell me what computer and operating system you use?

Incidentally, your Step 2 ("Projects -> Save active"), should it bring up a dialog, whereby you can specify a name? Nothing happens on this end, on two machines.

No dialog will show up. Instead an "Untitled" name is assigned to the project. You can change the name once you have quitted the editor via "Projects -> Close acitve" or - even faster - by clicking the window "Close" button.

I tried the same procedure with a second set of Canon raw files. Same result. Could I have a defective copy of FDRTools?
No I don't think so. Did you download your copy from our web site? And did you download and install the latest version 2.3.0beta1? That's the version I used for my test. Do you have other versions of FDRTools installed? I ask because there might be some unknown side effect - though this is improbable.

pbates
New

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

In both cases, it's a PC (Lenovo and Dell) and in both cases it's Windows XP. Nothing remarkable. Possibly there's something wrong with the edition I got, since it happens with both systems. It's probably not a memory issue, since the Lenovo has 2G of memory; the Dell only .5G.
pbates
New

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »

I installed FDRToolsAdvanced230beta1.msi and the crash happened again, when I tried to save. I am beginning to think this problem is unsolvable.
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »

I installed FDRToolsAdvanced230beta1.msi and the crash happened again, when I tried to save.

Now that you say you tried to save I can reproduce your crash - but only after adding a step:

7. Save LDR (tone mapped) image.

Will investigate... Thank you.

I am beginning to think this problem is unsolvable.

Let's see Smiley
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »

Hmmm, I should have read the posting title and your original message better: you write about saving to TIFF. I'm sorry.
Well, I've found the cause for the crash. It happens if the Separation mask is active while saving an image. Will fix it with v2.3.0.
pbates
New

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »

Well that's good news! When do you think that fix will be available?
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »

I'm right now preparing the release. Should be there tomorrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: