Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0068b6d/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
exception
forum@fdrtools.com
December 17, 2018, 03:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: exception  (Read 20695 times)
crane
New

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »

hi,
using the test jpegs everything seems to work. If I try to use 3 raw files from canon 20d the "blending" starts but then the little windows box arrives saying that there is a problem and shall I generate an error report.
this is an amd64 with 1.5Gb ram. windows xp home sp2. I cannot cut and paste any of the error messages sorry. How can I find out what is wrong ?

regards

michael crane
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:00:38 PM »

Quote from: "crane"
using the test jpegs everything seems to work. If I try to use 3 raw files from canon 20d the "blending" starts but then the little windows box arrives saying that there is a problem and shall I generate an error report.
this is an amd64 with 1.5Gb ram. windows xp home sp2. I cannot cut and paste any of the error messages sorry. How can I find out what is wrong ?

Hello Michael,
I suppose the crash happens in FDRGui, not in the FDRExposer command line tool?
Then, does the crash happen only with raw files?
What happens if you use JPEGs produced from the raw files?
If you could make me one of your raw files available, that would be nice. Then I can check it has nothing to do with raw conversion.
Do you read the images from a network device?
Do you have write access to the place you read the images from?
If I should not be able to reproduce the crash here on my machines chances are it's a hardware related problem - I've not tested the software on a  64bit architecture so far. Let's see...
As a final resort I could make you available a debug version of the software to isolate the cause.
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 11:29:31 AM »

I suppose the crash happens in FDRGui, not in the FDRExposer command line tool?

I am not on the machine at present. it happens in the dos box. it "examines" I think is the word, the 3 images. then another line of text and the exception occurs. the programme continues(nothing is printed) and then ends with exception error.
It is possible I am doing something wrong. I tried selecting different sorts of raw files. Is it possible to input tifs ?

Then, does the crash happen only with raw files?

the example jpegs work ok.

What happens if you use JPEGs produced from the raw files?
If you could make me one of your raw files available, that would be nice.

there is a raw file here.not the same but from the same camera
htp://www.panagito.com/frostylane.html

Then I can check it has nothing to do with raw conversion.
Do you read the images from a network device?

nope. from another disk on pc

Do you have write access to the place you read the images from?

If I should not be able to reproduce the crash here on my machines chances are it's a hardware related problem - I've not tested the software on a  64bit architecture so far. Let's see...
As a final resort I could make you available a debug version of the software to isolate the cause.

That might be fastest. I'm online for a few hours

Does the trial plugin output a black grid of a few lines over the output image ?

regards

michael crane
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »

I am not on the machine at present. it happens in the dos box. it "examines" I think is the word, the 3 images. then another line of text and the exception occurs. the programme continues(nothing is printed) and then ends with exception error.

With your example raw file I can reproduce a crash within FDRExposer, during "working on input images". This is good news as I should be able to fix this soon.

It is possible I am doing something wrong. I tried selecting different sorts of raw files. Is it possible to input tifs ?

Yes, you can use tiffs too.

Does the trial plugin output a black grid of a few lines over the output image ?

Yes, it is the "watermark" - not a nice one I know. One feels a bit like being inside a cage... But the lines look good in a spherical panorama viewed with a panorama viewer  Tongue
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

I have uploaded FDRExposer 1.5.1 to http://fdrtools.com/fdrexposer/download.
Could you please see if this release solves your problem?
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 12:14:06 PM »

Quote from: AndreasSchoemann

With your example raw file I can reproduce a crash within FDRExposer, during "working on input images". This is good news as I should be able to fix this soon.

that is when it crashes I think also with compressor.

nope. I cannot use tiffs. although oddly one time it worked and outputted a successful but dark tif. then immediately I tried again and it failed. one time there was printed to the screen "fdrcompressor unsupported file format"

this is with a tif made from the raw file with adobe raw. I do not have one here with me to send.

regards

michael crane

[/quote]
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 03:16:29 PM »

Quote from: "crane"

If you use FDRGui, read the raw files, set LDR mapping to 'Compressor' and then 'Images -> Expose', does hdr creation and tone mapping work now? Here FDRExposer (1.5.1) as well as FDRCompressor work fine with your raw image.

nope. I cannot use tiffs. although oddly one time it worked and outputted a successful but dark tif. then immediately I tried again and it failed. one time there was printed to the screen "fdrcompressor unsupported file format"
this is with a tif made from the raw file with adobe raw. I do not have one here with me to send.

What I've tested with your example raw image is:
- Develop with Adobe Camera Raw.
- Save as TIFF 16Bit, not compressed, sRGB profile
- Process the file with FDRExposer (command line) to produce an rgbe image.
This works as expected. However, you need to be careful! FDRExposer does not automatically recognise ICC profile information embedded in an image file. You need to specify this as parameter! So, in this case I specified sRGB as input profile.
FDRCompressor does not support TIFF as input format, in case you've tried this.
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »

Quote from: AndreasSchoemann
Quote from: crane

If you use FDRGui, read the raw files, set LDR mapping to 'Compressor' and then 'Images -> Expose', does hdr creation and tone mapping work now? Here FDRExposer (1.5.1) as well as FDRCompressor work fine with your raw image.

hope I quote properly!
success 1.5.1 works!!

now is another small problem.
I tried to make a profile for the camera. and it crashed in the dos box.
I forgot to bring my note book where I noted the error message sorry.
I put a series of raw files I used to try to make the profile here. (possibly they are not out of focus enough)
http://www.panagito.com/exposures/exposures.html
it's going a bit slow but should be there in 15 minutes or so.

regards

michael crane
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:59 PM »

success 1.5.1 works!!

Ok! Now, if you don't mind to make your result accessible to me, I would like to have a look at an example hdr image and the source images. To verify that everything is fine would make me sleep better :wink:

now is another small problem.
I tried to make a profile for the camera. and it crashed in the dos box.
I forgot to bring my note book where I noted the error message sorry.
I put a series of raw files I used to try to make the profile here. (possibly they are not out of focus enough)
http://www.panagito.com/exposures/exposures.html
it's going a bit slow but should be there in 15 minutes or so.

Normally you don't need a profile for your raw images, at least there is no need to measure the 'Tone Reproduction Curve' (that is what FDRProfiler does at the moment) because it is already linear for raw images. JPEGs are different. To get excellent results here, measuring the TRC is highly recommended. In the future, however, FDRProfiler will measure other characteristics too, like vignetting, noise profile and such things. Then, raw images should be 'profiled' also.

But of course I will look for the crash.
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »

Ok! Now, if you don't mind to make your result accessible to me, I would like to have a look at an example hdr image and the source images. To verify that everything is fine would make me sleep better :wink:

yes I will do this tomorrow.

I do need to understand colour management properly to use this.
I try to make the trc file to see if this helps because my colours are off.
In the fdrgui the white highlight is pink !  Does this suggest immediately what may be amiss ?
I am using a monitor only adjusted via nvidea display wizard thingy.

I puzzle that selecting 3 bracketed exposures -2, 0, +2
the fdrgui shows the images and the histogram the opposite that I would expect. the darkest image is 4 and the lightest is 0
The lightest exposure +2 the histogram is to the left and the grey area is over it  to the left.
The darkest exposure -2 the histogram is right of center and the grey area is to the right.  

regards

michael crane[/code]
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 05:48:40 PM »

I do need to understand colour management properly to use this.
I try to make the trc file to see if this helps because my colours are off.
In the fdrgui the white highlight is pink !  Does this suggest immediately what may be amiss ?
I am using a monitor only adjusted via nvidea display wizard thingy.

Hello Michael,

I really do not want you to loose time with wild speculation, trying things that won't help you. So please provide me an example exposure series -2, 0, +2 and I will show you what to do. I have to write a tutorial anyway, so I can start with it right now :-)
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "AndreasSchoemann"
I have to write a tutorial anyway, so I can start with it right now :-)

hello,

ok I put at http://www.panagito.com/FDR/fdr.html

-2,0,2 exposures ( hope they are ok )
the files made by fdrexposer hdr (47MB) and ldr (24Mb), which need help.
the messages in the dos box ( found an edit menu )
icc files you might like, which I found on a canon photo professional cd.

look forward to seeing the http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ tutorial

regards

michael crane
AndreasSchoemann
Administrator
Resident

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 03:33:14 PM »

ok I put at http://www.panagito.com/FDR/fdr.html

-2,0,2 exposures ( hope they are ok )
the files made by fdrexposer hdr (47MB) and ldr (24Mb), which need help.
the messages in the dos box ( found an edit menu )
icc files you might like, which I found on a canon photo professional cd.

Thank you! I'm going to work now and will keep you informed about my progress...

Oh, after downloading I had a look at the bracketed scene. It's fine (and reading with FDRGui was no problem) but it could have a bit more color... everything so grey... This is a pity because it makes judging color fidelity almost impossible :-(

look forward to seeing the http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ tutorial

Thanks for the hint. I'll give it a try. Wondering only why they did'nt do the wink tutorial with wink ;-)
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »

Quote from: "AndreasSchoemann"
It's fine (and reading with FDRGui was no problem) but it could have a bit more color... everything so grey... This is a pity because it makes judging color fidelity almost impossible :-(

sorry I will find some with some colour.

regards

michael
crane
New

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »

http://www.panagito.com/raw/new_raw.html
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: